Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Heart on sleeve, cupcake on neck

{Pink Cupcake necklace, from my friend Robin's Jewelry Box}

I have a self-admitted sweet-tooth, and have stated publicly that I find ice cream to be a suitable breakfast (really! how different is strawberry ice cream from yogurt and strawberries?). If you offer me cake vs pie, I will likely pick the slice of cake. And there is something about a cupcake . . . And no, I don't mean a "portion-control" something, except as in "all for me, none for you" portion. Wow, that sounds so mean. But really, they are 75 cents at your local bakery, get your own. Ah, sweet cupcake, come here and let me peel your paper off, and take a big bite of your sugar-frosted yumminess.

But I digress. See what sugar does to me? This is why I should stick to cupcakes (and cakes, and pies, and ice cream) like the one in the photo above. A) no calories! B) no crazy sugar rush! C) no post-binge guilt! D) my friend Robin sells them in her Etsy shop.

20 comments:

robin ann mcintosh said...

if there's one thing to be selfish over, it's cupcakes.

speaking of which, I had a lovely one this morning - pumpkin flavoured : )

fall is coming...

Mrs.French said...

my problem is that I know this is a necklace, but I still want to eat it....now that is a sweet addiction my friend!

Anonymous said...

It's my daughter's birthday today, and I have eaten four cupcakes...and there are still some left...

Anonymous said...

That is a good looking cupcake, are you sure you can't eat it?

Marie Louise said...

Oh! It's IS a necklace. It looks so real. I was thinking, "what is she talking about!" The sugar must be going to her head!
And now you've gone and done it. It's 11pm and I'm craving something sweet. My husband just suggested some grapes. What planet is he from?!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

You had me until the very end...I was drooling over it the whole time thinking it was real. How cleer and cute. Cupcakes are the BEST...my all time favorite indulgence!

Fifi Flowers said...

Very cute... I might go mad with sugar desire if I wore that... great for my nieces... NOW I really want a sugary white cake cupcake NOW!
Thanks for helping my diet, Robin! ;) LOL

Anonymous said...

oooh, my mouth is watering!

please sir said...

YUM - I love a good cupcake!

littlebyrd said...

I have a huge sweet tooth as well!
The boutique I work for is attached to a cupcake shop...so good and so bad!

pve design said...

sugar sugar....my kinda sugar in the form of jewelry!
my daughter would love this in her holiday stocking!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

ode to a delicious cupcake...they are so pretty and inviting it's true...
love the cupcake necklace...i wish a cupcake a day kept the doctor away.

knitseashore said...

That looks so delicious, and it's 3:30pm which means tea time and sugar cravings. Yum.

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh the best kinda sugar.... no calories. I hear you with the sweet tooth thing... sad isn't it .. that all good things go to the hips. A-M xx

Marnie said...

wish i lived in your neck of the woods - i just paid $2.50 for a cupcake in nyc - crazy i know, but i couldn't resist

mondocherry said...

What a cute idea. This would make such a great present for a little girl (or a bigger one).
Clare

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

How sweet! -Julia :-)

Anonymous said...

How compatible are we!! I don't like cupcakes but I do love pie, so we won't have to fight over it.
Only problem, I think I love jewelry even more than you.
Love it and you.

Teal Chic said...

cute! looks yum!!!

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia - cupcakes are heaven!