Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Peonies, redux

{Prom Dress and Peonies, original painting by Fifi Flowers}


Interweb, behold the fabulousness. Very late Saturday night I posted a photo of some peonies I picked in my mom's garden. In the wee hours of Sunday morning, the lovely and talented Fifi Flowers was the first comment (it wasn't quite as late on the west coast) saying she'd like to paint them. Of course I said yes!

Sunday morning I woke up, put the kettle on, and fire up the laptop, and there in my inbox is a mysterious email from Fifi: If you want to be surprised don't open this until Wednesday Morning... I love surprises but am terribly nosy and nosiness won out. Ta da! It was the painting above. She whipped it up that quickly! Note the drapes which are inspired by my prom dress, and the pillow on the settee, which was New Bird No. 2, from one of my first posts. Here is something uncanny - in my living room I have french doors that open onto a wrought iron balcony. But Fifi does not know that... or won't until she reads this post.

Thank you Fifi for making my day, and for preserving my lovely flowers in paint. The real ones are spent, and have exploded in that way that peonies do when their time is up.

18 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

OMG... I got a surprise from you! What a fun story! Isn't it sad that flowers don't last forever... thank goodness paintings do... Have a great day!

knitseashore said...

What a pretty painting!! And a fun story too. Fifi is very talented!

littlebyrd said...

Fabulous story! Love the painting and all the extra little details from other posts - clever!

Mrs.French said...

more stunning than I could have imagined.

dee said...

That is so amazing! I really love that story! What a wonderful gift:)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely rendition. You are so fortunate and fifi is so talented.

please sir said...

Aw isn't she lovely?!

ThePeachTree said...

How wonderful! Inspiration lies in the sweetest places :)

The House That A-M Built said...

Isn't she the loveliest! They are now preserved forever! A-M xx

Pigtown*Design said...

What a nice surprise! And such a great painting. I wish I could paint like that!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

I loved your story...thanks so much for sharing it. Fifi's keepsake painting is amazing...I love that she incorporated bits and pieces from previous posts. How thoughtful!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

WOW! How lovely! That Fifi is so amazing and talented. -Julia :-)

Marie Louise said...

Love this - If only fifi saw the rest of your apartment...she'd have lots of inspiration for her paintings!

Marnie said...

alll these connections - love it - you to fifi to littlebyrd and back to you again - such a treat on a sunday morning

Marnie said...

ps. great painting too!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oooh, to have such talent!

Anonymous said...

Fifi sure has class! How delightful!

La Petite Gallery said...

Yes,
That "FiFi" captures the essence of Paris.
I think she deserves this tribute. A great Artist.
Yvonne
I am a new visitor