Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Re-birth of Venus

{Rimi Yang - Heart - mixed media on wood - 12 X 12 inches from Bill Lowe Gallery}

I saw one of Rimi Yang's paintings in a Traditional Home story on an Atlanta-area showhouse, and I loved its whimsy and femininity. He has quite a collection on the Bill Lowe Gallery website, some of it ephereal and lovely, some of it disturbing. I especially like the mixed-media on wood portraits of iconic images, like Boticelli's Venus, above. It's one of those faces you recognize, no matter how it may have been modified.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! You're doing a great job Robin! You're obviously a smart,thoughtful human being. Thanks for sharing!

Robin said...

thanks musette, I'm tempted to call the gallery to see how much it costs, but I'm afraid to know! Maybe they have a giclee...

sas said...

This is beautiful! Birth of Venus makes my 'Top Five Paintings of Hot Red-Heads'. Rather smugly, I have seen it in the Uffizi and it is awesome.

Anonymous said...

HI Robin,
I was looking for "bird decor" on Google, and your blog popped up. I love it -- I think we share a lot of common interests. Anyway, I look forward to reading some of your blog entries. . . and checking out some of your links!
I am a would-be interior designer working as a legal investigator in Seattle.

Pandora