Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

And we take requests

My British agent, Sas of Sas' Magical Mystery Tour, has demanded that my band stop procrastinating and get our butts in the studio to finish our album (that's like a CD, for you young 'uns).



You, too can be a Jane Austen-quoting, Toddlers and Tiaras*-influenced Eastern European electronic klezmer rock star:
  1. Go to Wikipedia. Hit 'random'. The first Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
  2. Go to Quotations Page and select 'random quotations'. The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.
  3. Go to Flickr and click on 'explore the last seven days'. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. I used the third picture down, since the third picture across was a cute little ladybug, flittering across a daisy, and my band is Eastern European electronic klezmer rock, not The Carpenters.
  4. Use Picnik (or photoshop or whatever) to put it all together; I used my new favorite toy, Picasa. Then tell us about your album.
  5. Comment with the link to your album

*seriously, why else is this child wearing this outfit?

For the record (ha ha, no pun intended, and for you kiddos, a "record" is also like a CD):
  • Albota is a commune in Arges County, in southern central Romania.
  • "Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way." is from Emma, by my girl Jane Austen.
  • The photo is by NoSha.
When your band makes its album cover, don't forget to put your link in the comments!

13 comments:

sas said...

royalty cheque is in the mail (minus my horrendous fee of course :)

cheatymoon said...

Oh that's good stuff. Sherri did this a while back, I've been meaning to...

Have a great weekend, Robin!

Anonymous said...

That child couldn't possibly be a Toddlers & Tiaras contender, she isn't all Jon-Benet'ed out with tons of makeup and helmet hair. But she is cute. And your album rocks. When are you going on tour?

essbesee said...

that might be the best album title ever.

Anonymous said...

great idea!
I'll have to sit and do album covers w/ my girls later this eve!

Anonymous said...

This was fun!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3314560380_e15a02a6cd_o.jpg

My band CRASH-BALL is a Western European punk-rock viola octet.

Anonymous said...

Ooops! My link above was supposed to take you to my flickr page containing the CD cover. Sorry here is a better link and the information about the cover if you're interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbone_bill/3314560380/

AND for the record (har har, Robin):

Crash Ball is a strategy used in rugby.

"the heroic makes heroes" is the latter part of a quote by Benjamin Disraeli

As for the photo. Well...here I augmented the recipe. I took an image under the creative commons license by Nancy: www.flickr.com/photos/supern1254/3306192938/ and then SERIOUSLY messed with it in Photoshop. Hey, what was I supposed to do with band named CRASH BALL - an album titled "The Heroic Makes Heroes" and album art consisting of a pretty flower?

Anyway many thanks to Nancy for her lovely photograph. I encourage you all to make your CD/album covers from photos that are licensed CC.

Anonymous said...

Ooops! My link above was supposed to take you to my flickr page containing the CD cover. Sorry here is a better link and the information about the cover if you're interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbone_bill/3314560380/

AND for the record (har har, Robin):

Crash Ball is a strategy used in rugby.

"the heroic makes heroes" is the latter part of a quote by Benjamin Disraeli

As for the photo. Well...here I augmented the recipe. I took an image under the creative commons license by Nancy: www.flickr.com/photos/supern1254/3306192938/ and then SERIOUSLY messed with it in Photoshop. Hey, what was I supposed to do with band named CRASH BALL - an album titled "The Heroic Makes Heroes" and album art consisting of a pretty flower?

Anyway many thanks to Nancy for her lovely photograph. I encourage you all to make your CD/album covers from photos that are licensed CC.

knitseashore said...

I will have to try this -- looks like a lot of fun!

hmstrjam said...

so fun!!
i just made mine and love it!

http://smallexpectations.blogspot.com/2009/03/album-covers.html

please sir said...

This is great - what a fantastic way to randomly generate ideas!

Anonymous said...

My band is "Stafford Township, DeKalb County, Indiana." I feel like I lost this game.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious....she does resemble the children wearing false eyelashes, and sporting make up last night. If I'd known being an adult was so boring I would have tried to be a child as long as I could lol!