Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New birds on the block Nos. 11 and 12

{Robin's Egg Soaps by Gianna Rose, available at PT Bunny & Co.}


While technically not birds (yet) these egg soaps are adorable and smell great. They also come in a sweet little lotus bowl or an apothecary jar. I bought the jar version last year at a boutique in Roscoe Village (Chicago) while visiting my friend Julie. The jar had an unfortunate run in with one of my cats, so I now display them in an empty Bath & Bodyworks candle jar (recycling!).


I like the mix of metal and wood, but I wonder if it would look as cute with my big black plastic car key/alarm and my jumble of office and home keys as it does with these vintage skeleton keys...

8 comments:

The House That A-M Built said...

Aren't they just gorgeous! I love them both. Thank you for your advice on my kitchen plans. Dark bench tops it is! I am off to get my 2nd kitchen quote tomorrow morning! A-Mxx

Marie Louise said...

You know you've made it when you have soap named after you! I'm jealous!
Those are really sweet. Isobel saw them and immediately started plotting some sick experiment which included the swapping of real Robin's eggs for the soap. "Will the mother Robin notice?"

littlebyrd said...

Love them! The box the soaps come in alone makes it worth it! Laughing anout your key ring not being as cute - you have a point. I would never have thought of that.

Anonymous said...

The soaps are almost too pretty to use! Your keyring comment is very true. Maybe it could be used to hang other things instead, potholders in the kitchen, for example?

please sir said...

LOVE the egg soaps...lovely, lovely!

robin ann mcintosh said...

my favorite colors - robin's egg blue and sea green. thanks for the link!

Mrs.French said...

They are wonderful. The box is sweet but I think I need the jar. I have cats too, so not really sure how that will go.

blah said...

Those eggs are gorgeous - ! do you think the cat had a run in with the jar because it thought they were real? they look it!