Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

My birthday is a national holiday in Canada*


{Day 74: Birthday Cupcake, originally uploaded by • Sandra •.}


Well, maybe not this year, but quite a few times in my life, Victoria Day, a Canadian holiday celebrating Britain's longest-reigning monarch, has fallen on May 23.

I feel this is fitting for two reasons: it befits my royal demeanor, and it is a reason in some countries* to take the day off. I myself am taking the day off today and I suggest you do the same. Perhaps if we all take the day off, the government will recognize what an important day May 23 is, and acknowledge it with official decrees, parades, fireworks and some form of economic stimulus.

Cupcakes for everyone!

*Victoria Day is also celebrated in Scotland and the Cayman Islands. In case you were wondering.

7 comments:

littlebyrd said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! So glad you are taking the day off and I wish I were able to as well. Have a wonderful day and wishing you another great year!

please sir said...

Yay for May birthdays!! Happy Birthday!

Marie Louise said...

Happy Birthday Robin! Thank you so much for the wonderful dinner last night. Sorry I had to eat and run, literally. Just wondering what all you crazy girls got up to a couple of bottles of Malbec later!

Marnie said...

Happy Birthday Robin - and thanks again for all your blogging help -

Mrs.French said...

Happy, happy birthday! Oh and such a yummy cupcake, maybe I should have one in your honor.

Robin said...

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, it has been a great weekend, spent with all my favorite people (and cupcakes)!

xoxo

r

knitseashore said...

A Happy Belated Birthday to you! Hope you spent it with the people you love best, in the places you love best!

And after 25, it's *birthday month* anyway. :)