Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Recovery room

{The Garden Room at Agape Bed & Breakfast, Yarmouth Port MA}


I am very grateful that when I travel for work, I get to stay in hip 4- and 5-star hotels. They are stylish and modern and functional, but sometimes their manufactured newness bores me. I am fortunate, though, to have a cousin who owns a charming B&B on the bay side of Cape Cod. For this visit -- a three-day post-Chicago recovery + Mother's Day getaway with my parents and sister -- she's tucked me in to the pretty pink and white room pictured above, with a lovely white iron bedframe, wide-board floors that creak and slant in all the right places and -- one of my favorite luxuries -- a clawfoot tub in the bathroom. It is the epitome of "girly" and I love it.

This morning I walked down the road to the used book store, later I will venture to the interiors shop across the street, and then my mom and plan to go for tea at the little restaurant up the road. I believe this evening's entertainment includes a private performance of "living-room ballet" by my cousin's five-year old daughter (whom I have plans to kidnap and take home with me, but that's a story for another posting).

7 comments:

The House That A-M Built said...

What a perfect day! Pure bliss!

Marie Louise said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time! Wish the weather were better for you - are you getting that wind! Would hate to see you blown out to sea! You might end up like poor Gepeto!

littlebyrd said...

It all sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

knitseashore said...

We visited Agape for the first time in February, and will definitely go back. It was such a cozy and restful inn and your cousins were so good to us!!!

Have you been to the Isaiah Thomas bookstore in Cotuit? I have found some wonderful used fiction in the basement of that house!

Mrs.French said...

Lovely, If I ever make it to Cape Cod I know where to stay. Oh and the pink room is a must.

robin ann mcintosh said...

i could use a little me time - what a perfect weekend : )

pve design said...

R & R in a sweet spot!